2009 Internship Scholarship Program
The office of Academic Internships and Community Outreach and the Internship Faculty Advisory Committee is proud to offer a scholarship opportunity to students who will complete their internship in the spring, summer or fall of 2009, this is a competitive process and intended to provide financial incentives to any student who meets eligibility requirements for an internship.
How does the student apply?
The student will:
- Click on Internship Scholarship Application (located on the home page or in the student module)
- Complete the form.
- Print and bring the completed form to his/her faculty advisor or department internship coordinator.
- Secure a copy of the transcript and bring to the Office of Academic Internship and Community Outreach, SSC #144.
The Faculty advisor/Internship Coordinator will:
- Review the completed Scholarship Application.
- Send the completed application to Alison Stone-Briggs, Director, Office of Academic Internships and Community Outreach firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Director will not accept applications from students directly. The applications must be sent from a faculty member. That tells our committee that the internship described meets department academic rigor and requirements.
- Start the 509 form process and send that to the Office of Academic Internships and Community Outreach, SSC #144 when fully completed and signed.
- Must have full-time status as a student.
- Must have departmental approval for an internship.
- Students doing an internship out-of-state will not be eligible regardless of their residence. Students who live out-of-state but do their internship in-state will be eligible..
- International students, even if they will do their internship in in-state, will not be eligible.
- This is a rolling submission process. Have the student send the application as soon as they know about their internship.
Documentation of Scholarship Usage:
- Must submit brief summary of the benefit to the student by the end of the scheduled internship(form attached to the internship scholarship application).
- Award is contingent upon registering for the internship requested.
- Student will be notified when the scholarship application has been reviewed and a funding amount has been approved. We will take into consideration the start date of the internship described in the application.
- If the internship cannot be completed as described, the student may be required to repay any and all monies recieved by them from the University.