Internship Process Overview
Students should start thinking about internships in their sophomore year. It is advisable for students and the faculty advisor to discuss internship plans and/or ideas during scheduling in the spring of the student's sophomore year.
You are also encouraged to keep students in the loop about possible internship opportunities through this website, emails and class meetings.
- Make sure the student has met all the eligibility criteria.
- Have the student check our Active Affiliation Agreement List to see if there is an Affiliation Agreement for the company in which the student would like to do his/her internship.
- Have the student fill out Section 1 of the 509 Internship Form.
- If an active Affiliation Agreement is in place, fill out the rest of the 509 Internship Form and follow rest of instructions on the form.
- If there is not an active Affiliation Agreement for the company, fill out the Request for Affiliation Agreement found in "Affiliation Agreements" under the faculty tab and press the submit button. The request will go to Internship Office, Affiliation Agreements.
- After active Affiliation Agreement is returned, signed by the company, we will notify the instructor, chair and deans office by email that we have a signed Affiliation Agreement.
- Send completed and signed hardcopy of the 509 Internship Form to:
Academic Internship Office
Affliation Agreements & Scheduling
Ph. 570-389-2779 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving the signed form, the student will be scheduled into the internship course.