Internship Process Overview - Steps
1. Talk with your faculty advisor about your interest in doing an internship.
2. Find an internship by clicking on Current Internship Listings. These internship opportunities are updated daily and can be sorted by major. You may also find a company on your own or by checking other links.
3. Check the active Affiliation Agreement list to make sure the organization is affiliated with Bloomsburg University. You can't get credit for your internship unless we have a signed Affiliation Agreement with the organization in which you would like to do your internship.
4. No Affiliation Agreement?
Bring the following information to your faculty advisor:
- Name of the organization
- Mailing address
- Contact person and Title
- Phone number
Your faculty advisor will initiate the process of getting an Affiliation Agreement. It can take anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks to get a signed Affiliation Agreement back.
Start the request process as soon as you are thinking about an internship.
5. 509 internship form. Once the Affiliation Agreement is back and signed by the organization, you can fill out section 1 of the 509 form by typing in the information, print and sign. Be sure to attach the internship job description to the 509 form.
6. Yes, there is an Affiliation Agreement. Complete Section 1 of the online 509 internship form. After typing in your information, print a copy of the form, sign and bring to your academic advisor for processing. Be sure to attach the internship job description to the 509 form.